Bitmap2Material can be used in Substance Compatible tools only with the Pro License.
How to use B2M in other tools?
Some information about the files:
- Bitmap2Material_3-X.sbsar: This is the main Bitmap2Material that you should use in order to get the most beautiful materials. However as the algorithm is complex, it may be too heavy to use on mobile.
It is recommended to use this version in UE4 or Unity for example.
This version uses last engine features and can be incompatible with some integrations that use an older version of the engine (for example 3dsMax or Maya native integrations).
In this case use the sbsar below or exported textures (using Substance Player or B2M application).
- Legacy/Bitmap2Material_3.sbsar: This is a legacy version of Bitmap2Material that you can use in integrations based on a previous version of Substance Engine.
- Legacy/Bitmap2Material_3_UE4.sbsar: This is a legacy version dedicated to Unreal Engine 4. It only contains the necessary outputs/parameters for this engine.
Here is the process to get those Substance Files:
- Launch Bitmap2Material.exe
- Go to Help->Data
- Launch Bitmap2Material.dmg
- Open the Data folder