Maya 2016 Extension 2 - Redshift for Maya 2.0.52
Redshift version 2 supports the metallic/roughness workflow. You can export channels used by the Substance Painter default metallic/roughness PBR Shader. We have supplied a Redshift preset that is designed to be used with Redshift versions prior to the 2.x release. You can download the updated metallic/roughness preset below.
Substance Painter Export
- In your Project go to File / Export Textures...
- In the Export Tab, use the updated Redshift preset or configure a preset as follows:
- Export the textures.
Redshfit Material Setup
- Create an rsMaterial
- Import the textures exported from Substance Painter into Maya
Hook up the textures to the input channels as follows...
|Substance Painter Texture||Colorspace||Redshift Material Channel|
|Base Color||sRGB||Diffuse Color|
|Metallic||RAW||Fresnel Type - Metalness|
|Normal||RAW||Bump and Normal Mapping|
* Set the BRDF Type to GGX in the Reflection parameters
* Set the Fresnel Type to Metalness
* For best results, use a Redshift Dome Light for the environment
It's important to make sure that textures are interpreted properly for a linear workflow. You can change the colorspace for textures on the Texture2D node. Be sure to set the Colorspace for each map as listed in the above table.